See our complete list of Top Android Programming Integrated Development Environments.
- Smart code completion
- Data flow analysis
- Language injection
- Cross-language refactorings
- Ergonomic, editor-centric environment with numerous shortcuts
- Inline debugging
- Version control
- Integrated build tools
- Integrated testing
- Built-in decompiler
- Support for enterprise frameworks
Target operating systems: Any operating system that supports Java
Runs on: Windows, Linux, macOS
- Windows XP or later, macOS 10.5 or higher (only 64-bit), or a Linux distribution with the KDE, Gnome or Unity DE desktop (64-bit recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- 2.5 GB hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 minimum resolution
Target audience:Professional Java developers
First production release: 2001
Most recent update/stable release:Version 2017.2 (July 017)
License:Community Edition has Apache 2.0 license; Ultimate Edition has a commercial license.
Price: Community Edition is free; Ultimate Edition starts at $149 for the first year for an individual or $499 per year for an organization, with numerous discounts available.
# # #
Have you used IntelliJ IDEA for Android development? Share your favorite feature in the comments below!